Friday, April 5, 2013

The start of our new adventures...

So we moved to Lodi the 1st of December. Soon after moving I returned to school from a much needed 6 week break. Christmas came all too soon but we got the chance to see a lot of family. Craig's brother Jim and his wife Vanessa as well as their three kids came from Wisconsin for a little over a week. My brother Jeremy, his wife Cami, and their four kids showed up Christmas evening and stayed until New Years. We also got the chance to Google+ Hangout on Christmas with Craig's brother Brent, his wife Danika, and their 3 girls as well as his sister Julie who is currently on her mission in Alaska. Unfortunately most of my family got a bad case of the flu so we weren't able to see them much so I could avoid getting sick. The plan didn't work as I work up extremely sick early morning the day after New Years. I got hit the hardest of everyone :(. Craig lucked out and never really got sick. Can't say the same for myself since it took a while to get over the first bout and I caught a cold a few weeks later. Since then other than allergies we seem to be on the road to recovery. It's been a transition for sure. We were sad to leave our friends in the Vineyard Ward. This move took us farther from my family but a little closer to Craig's. Since settling in Lodi we have begun to met new friends in the Lodi 1st Ward. I was called to work in the nursery one Sunday a month and recent spent my first Sunday in there. The kids are cute and have a lot of energy but it will be a great calling for me. Our niece Constance (she's my brother Jordan and his wife Charme's first child)was born on January 20th. She is so adorable and we are all excited to see her personality come out. She is already showing her independence. We are trying to get settled still and continue to explore our new area when given a chance. I will say we spend a lot of time going to Costco since its a little over a mile away and is on my way to and from work each day. Work is going good. End of January my team was thrown into claims training with little notice, but it was a good opportunity to learn new skills and hopeful advance in the company. Towards the end of February or beginning of March I started applying for internships with Blue Shield. These internships would give me great experience and an opportunity to work closer to my desired field. I am currently on track to graduate with my Bachelor's in December. Won't that be a nice Christmas gift to myself :)? Easter was nice although not very eventful. Craig's mom and sister were out of town so we spent the evening with my family and had a nice dinner. As our 4th anniversary is fast approaching we are trying to think of some fun day trips to take and places to visit. I am planning to take 3 or 4 days off. FYI: I finally started my own baking business...feel free to check it out www.goodiesshack.blogspot.com or on Facebook www.facebook.com/goodiesbysuzanne Well that's the update for now. Suzanne

No comments:

Bless the Broken Road

Wordle: Bless the Broken Road

Our Time Together

Wedding Photos

Craig and Suzanne are happily married...

The newlywed years